Kris Aquino isn’t as stupid/shallow/greedy as you/we would like to think, apparently.
In a move that shocked even me, she announced her pending retirement from ABS-CBN via Instagram, to focus on her health. Luckily she still has her many endorsements worthy of a top tax payer to support her lifestyle and her two sons.
I admire her decision to slow down while still on top. After all, what will her boys do with all that money she earned without their mommy?
Kris Aquino knows—as any motherly mother does—that nobody will love her children as much as she does, and we respect that.
Here’s what she posted earlier on Instagram (six total):
1) The announcement, which reminds us how hardworking she has been through the years, making her the network’s most influential star.
2) The explanation. My nurse says Kris already cut down on so much work. Still her blood pressure continues to be elevated. Nurse also says her mother will miss Kris TV.
Maybe Kris can post all her shows on a YouTube channel because iWantTV is a pain in the ass to use (you have to buy an ABS-CBN sim card and load in order to watch). That said, Dinna’s mom will also miss Kris TV, as well as all the titas and lolas of the Philippines who will miss their morning ritual.
3) Further notes to say she’s just taking a break and what she plans to do in the meantime.
Maybe she will be back sooner than we think??
4) A sincere thank you to her endorsements, plus a reminder to us that she’s still very much relevant.
5) A flattering picture of her against a pretty background to assure everyone she’s not bitter about anything/anybody, and it’s all good. #lovelovelove (That foot though) #latundan
6) A final note not to be sorry for her. She has backup plans and investments plus a slight reference to the deadbeat fathers of her kids.
We wish her well and salute her decision. (But do take your time to smell the flowers, enjoy your kids, rest well.) Honestly, there is nobody quite like her in showbiz. Time will tell if she is irreplaceable as Coco Chanel would want. But with 2.5 million Instagram followers, she can rest assured that she will be relevant for a very long time.