Sundays are made for lying down. The kids are at a children’s party and I’m just chilling with Jeroen.
I sent the nurse home early. She was here to help me shower and remove the dressings. Now I only have a couple of band-aids on my inner elbows.
Last night I couldn’t sleep again because I am used to sleeping on my tummy—and I can’t. I watched two episodes of Real Housewives of New York. Nakakastress and show na ito!
Today I was able to shampoo my own hair. Tomorrow will be the nurse’s last day.
The main problem now is itchiness on the bruised areas, so I took some Benadryl and I’m about to fall asleep in a bit.
Follow up appointment tomorrow plus a few sessions of skin tightening laser.
My appetite is not so great (which is good). I don’t know if this is related to the antibiotic I have to take twice a day for a week.
Though I’m swollen and bruised, the worst is over. Final results from 2-6 months and I’m excited.
Here’s what else you need to know if you want to get BodyTite:
1) You will need big roomy (dark) long-sleeve tops for the first 3-4 days, which will get soaked in blood. For this, I used my husband pajama tops.
2) Try not to use white bedsheets at home. Otherwise, make sure you have bed pads all over.
3) The blood will scare the children under 10, hehe.
4) Try to find a tape that isn’t itchy on the skin. I have to know if that even exists. For the first two days I had to ask people to scratch parts of my body.
5) I just found out that it helps to apply a hot compress to the itchy bruises, as it breaks down the blot clots under your skin.
Buy a hot water bottle in the drug store, wrap in a thin towel or T-shirt and apply to skin.
6) Hire a nurse to care for you at home (will blog this later). This removes stress on you, your family and the rest of the household.
7) Benadryl helps you sleep when it’s itchy. Though Dr. Belo recommends Celstamine for the itch.
8) Banana chips help.
9) It’s not scary.
10) Exercising makes healing faster.
11) Don’t ask me for the price because I might say the wrong thing. But click here to get an idea.
The rest of the stuff will be told to you in detail in the clinic.
To know more about BodyTite, click here.
That said, it’s time for my nap. Zzzzzz……