My sinigang is so good, even Adam Ant likes it!!
I’m reposting this for our newlywed friend Abbie who’s been looking for my recipe online.
Do try this at home!
Knorr pork cubes
Knorr sinigang (tamarind soup) mix
a little oil
1) Cut the liempo into chunky pieces. Remove the skin cause boiled skin is gross.
2) Heat some oil, onions and a Knorr pork cube in a deep caldero (pot).
3) Brown the liempo pieces in small batches and season with a little salt and pepper. This is done to remove the ‘malansa’ taste (I don’t know how that translates to English).
Don’t dump everything in one go as this will make the pan cold and pork will become soupy.
Please be patient and brown them only enough to cover the bottom of the pan.
3) When you’re done, dump the oil.
4) Boil lots of water in an electric kettle if you have one, to make the cooking process faster. If not, go ahead and boil water in the same pot, with the browned pork pieces. Make sure there’s lots of water because it will evaporate and you will regret it.
5) Bring water to a boil and simmer for 30 minutes. Use a timer.
6) After 30 minutes, add the sinigang mix. Boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
7) Taste it and add sinigang mix according to your taste level. (I like mine sour.)
8) Add veggies, boil and simmer for another 15 minutes.
9) It’s done. Pork should be nice and falling off the bone. Do not try to do sinigang for less than an hour because pork takes time to soften.
OK? Try it na!
Originally posted HERE.