chuvaness
Found: National Bookstore’s time savers
Posted on

I’m Filipino, so I cover my books in plastic.
Yes, I still cover my books even though I’m no longer in school.
Some find it therapeutic. Though I have to say I prefer wrapping gifts to covering books. ๐Ÿ™‚
Imagine my delight when I found these time saver plastic covers at National Bookstore.
The pre-cut rolls of plastic come in three sizes

National Bookstore time saver plastic covers

Easier to store, use, and cut than those mega long rolls we all know (at left)

National Bookstore time saver plastic covers

I hoarded.

National Bookstore time saver plastic covers

No, I’m kidding. I bought two of each.
The shortest one is good for small pocket books (below), but I soon found out the most useful length is the longest of the three.

Wrapping a book

So whoever thought of these is a genius ๐Ÿ™‚

21 Comment threads
10 Thread replies
0 Followers

Most reacted comment
Hottest comment thread
25 Comment authors
avataravataravataravataravatar Recent comment authors

Notify of

How much each of that?

Dominador Triumph

I love your article. I usually Buy Jumbo Plastic cut size for the book cover. usually I buy the 13.5 x 5 meters
other brands are not as good in quality

Iel Palomares

And all this time I thought it’s only I who found these pre-cut plastic covers the next best thing since sliced bread! ๐Ÿ™‚

Cham Cuartero

Covering books is one of those traditions passed on to me by my Mom. I ALWAYS cover my books. And yes, I’m a fan of those pre-sized rolls too. Saves a lot of plastic din since almost nothing gets thrown out (Remember at least one time you had to throw out a 2×12-inch piece leftover? ๐Ÿ˜€

Guest

My favorite part of the back-to-school season was covering my school books in plastic. In high school I started ripping out fashion ads from my mom’s magazines to cover my books (I still remember that Math was Chanel with Vanessa Paradis, haha) and then cover them in plastic. Then I graduated to using clear contact paper to cover books… next level of difficulty.

Karla F. Santos

When I was wrapping my daughters’ school books, I really said that this was the best innovation of all time ๐Ÿ™‚ Im so OC when I wrap books… I prefer double sided tape or Scotch tape (the frosted one not the clear shiny one) and I hate it when the tape sticks to the book. Dapat sa plastic lang. Hehehe. My mom was like that and I guess I picked it up. So I dont like anyone else to wrap books as they can’t wrap it the same way.

sumthinblue

Me, too. I absolutely cannot read a book without covering it plastic first. A throwback from when I was in school and my mom used to cover all my books and notebooks obsessively.

I wish they had time saver rolls in different gauges, though. I like to use gauge 5 or thicker to cover my books.

rainy day mom

i used these to cover my kids’ books and notebooks. so glad i bought these ๐Ÿ™‚ it’s even thicker than the conventional long plastic rolls. i also tried the plastic with adhesive all throughout, but i liked the time saver rolls more.

Michelle Lopez

HALLELUJAH!!! now why didn’t i see this before school started?? :

jojoloco

i love moms who cover books of their kids despite being busy with workloads! ๐Ÿ™‚

Michael

There are these nice plastic adhesive backed pre-cut book covers, about 15×24 inches wide (you can cut of course to cover two or more books). No need for tape, you can trim or fold on the side and it sticks onto the cover so you don’t get air pockets that make you look like you’re from Nueva Ecija. It’s removable; the adhesive is the same as used in post-its. I’m sure you’d like it Ms C. They only cost about ten per sheet. Can send you some. [Reply]CVS Reply:July 10th, 2013 at 10:42 PMuy! what’s wrong with Nueva Ecija? [Reply]Caloy… Read more »

Caloy

What about Nueva Ecija? Sorry I didn’t get this.

rvchua

The book in the pic is so you!

CVS Reply:

it is!! a present from a Twitter friend

JackyJacket

Hi Cecile! I have a question, since we all know na marami kang connections ๐Ÿ™‚ Do you know kung san po pwede magpagawa ng chipped off na leather jacket? I bought mine from Zara and it’s only 2 years but it’s already chipping off. ๐Ÿ™ Do you know someone from Zara? ๐Ÿ™‚

CVS Reply:

sorry I don’t know :{

riaprieto

hi cecille! i’m exactly like you! i cover even coffee table books. but actually what i do is i have national bookstore cover them for me. it’s actually a service they provide for free when you buy a book. ๐Ÿ™‚ [Reply]CVS Reply:July 10th, 2013 at 8:06 PMreally???? [Reply]riaprieto Reply:July 10th, 2013 at 9:39 PMyup! ๐Ÿ™‚ i i have it done all the time. sometimes it takes a while so i walk around and just pass for it before heading home. [Reply]nappyKAYE Reply:July 18th, 2013 at 5:56 PMWas at National today and asked them about this service, since I had purchased… Read more »

joelcruise

You sure?? Might it just be a personal service to you as a familiar customer rather than an institutionalized service? I don’t think they’d offer this during school opening season! They’d be out of business just wrapping textbooks!

Monique A. Ignacio

Yes wrapping books in plastic was an annual “before school started” event. I miss that!

Paige Jacob

These are a mom’s lifesaver! It was a joy to discover. ๐Ÿ™‚

Isa

I live in BKK and the major bookstores (Kinokuniya and Asia Books) here wrap your book purchases for free. ๐Ÿ™‚ Their staff wrap super fast and neatly pa.

Rianne Alonte

Is it a good idea to stock up on these rolls? I was told before that Time Savers are only available during back to school season. I bought 8+ rolls (the red one) June last year, but haven’t used all of them. I haven’t tested now kung warped na sila. Ngayon naman I want to hoard the longest ones for my photo books and coffee table books, hehe.

kayvs

I find that it’s not just a time saver, you also save on plastic. Based on experience, when we’d cover our school books, only three would fit (height-wise) when we used the tall roll of plastic, so you always end up with a strip of unusable plastic at the bottom. The most pa would be the height of a small pocketbook, but not enough to actually use.

Sue She

There’s a sticker cover for books and i always use that to for my sons’ books.

PJ

i learned how to cover my books and notebooks from my mom and i did it from high school til college. my books and notebooks were well covered than those of my classmates. i even do a better job than my wife ๐Ÿ™‚

CVS Reply: