Research In Motion has announced that the BlackBerry® PlayBook™ tablet will be available in the Philippines from August 6, 2011.
It will come in three Wi-Fi® models, featuring 16 GB, 32 GB or 64 GB of memory storage, and will be available nationwide from authorized retail stores and mobile operators with a 12-month warranty.
“The BlackBerry PlayBook is an incredibly powerful and feature-rich tablet that is ideal for both business and personal use,” said Gregory Wade, Regional Managing Director at Research In Motion.
“You really need to hold the BlackBerry PlayBook in your hand to fully appreciate how much it stands out in terms of power and portability, and so we encourage customers to visit a retail store and try it out for themselves,” added Wade.
The BlackBerry PlayBook features an ultra-portable design and delivers industry leading performance, uncompromised web browsing with support for Adobe® Flash®, true multitasking, HD multimedia, advanced security features, out-of-the-box enterprise support and a robust development environment.
• 7″ 1024×600 WSVGA capacitive LCD touch screen
• Ultra-portable at less than a pound and less than one-half inch thick: 0.9 lbs (425g) and 5.1” x 7.6” x 0.4” (130mm x 194mm x 10mm)
• 1 GHz dual-core processor
• BlackBerry® Tablet OS with support for symmetric multiprocessing
• MP3, AAC and WMA audio playback
• Support for high resolution video playback (H.264, MPEG4, WMV) 1080p HDMI output
• Dual 1080p HD cameras for video conferencing and video capture (3MP front and 5MP rear)
• 1 GB RAM memory
• Up to 64 GB internal storage (16, 32 and 64 GB models)
• GPS, Orientation Sensor (Accelerometer), 6-Axis Motion Sensor (Gyroscope), Digital Compass (Magnetometer)
• Stereo speakers and stereo microphones
• Wi-Fi (802.11 a/b/g/n) connectivity
• Bluetooth® 2.1+EDR support
For more information, go to http://ph.blackberry.com/playbook.