TOKYO, JAPAN—Amazon Fashion Week, hosted by the Japan Fashion Week Organization, is a fashion festival held twice a year in March and October. It’s where Japanese designs are showcased in Shibuya Hikarie, Omotesando Hills, and other locations in Tokyo.
This year, four Filipino brands/designers were invited to participate in fashion show held last October 22nd. They are Joseph Agustin S. Bagasao, BENCH, Carl Jan Cruz, and Karen Topacio.
Carl Jan Cruz
The event was held at Shibuya Hikarie and I’m simply amazed how Philippine brands look so different on a Japanese runway with Japanese models and styling.
PS. Crossing fingers for Carl Jan Cruz and BENCH collaboration.
Don’t know why the video has no sound, but please watch!
To know more about Amazon Fashion Week Tokyo, click HERE.
Some people still get shocked when I express my love for cute girly things.
The truth is, part of me will never grow up.
It’s ironic that God gave me all boys—my husband, three sons, and now a puppy named Anwar. I have no one to share the cute, girly things with.
That doesn’t stop me from liking them though.
Cath Kidston is a brand I discovered in Tokyo many years ago. I was attracted to the colorful, girly patterns and the oilcloth bags and accessories.
Here’s what’s in store: All kinds of bags in Cath Kidston prints
Throw pillows and gift items in iconic Bristish prints
Children’s clothes and accessories
Baby bags, bottle holders, feeding sets, and kitchen accessories
Two of my favourite patterns are the London bus and Stop Thief! print
I’m a sucker for school supplies and bundled packaging
I love the dainty sewing accessories and horizontal oilcloth bag
Women’s clothes, sneakers and bags
Tempting, but I already own too many wallets
Here’s what I ended up buying: an ultra-light suit case, a rolling laptop bag, the horizontal oilcloth bag, Stop Thief! pouches, sewing accessories, and sharpener. The bulky stuff I could never buy abroad are now here!
Inspired by her English childhood and love of antique fabrics, Cath Kidston opened her first store 20 years ago in London with a start up budget of GBP 15,000.
Using vintage fabrics she created cushion covers, bags and flowery ironing board covers, and sold these along with second-hand furniture and customised household objects.
A mistake in ordering too much fabric got her making duvet and pillow sets, aprons, wash bags, swimsuits and more. This “happy problem” resulted in the first Cath Kidston collection.
By 1999, her store began to branch out. She started licensing, collaborating and expanding her merchandise line until she sold her business for further expansion.
In 2006 the brand opened its first store in Tokyo, and in 2010 they expanded to more countries in Asia. Currently there are more than 100 stores and concessionaires worldwide.
The first Cath Kidston store in Manila is now open at the Active Fun building, 9th Avenue in Taguig.
To know more about the brand go to http://www.cathkidston.com/
The Bench Tower at Bonifacio isn’t far from my office building, so I decided to drop by their ongoing Pink Ribbon Sale, where all Suyen brands are on sale up to 80% off until the end of November.
Part of the proceeds from the sales will be donated to Pink for Life.
First thing I saw were the Magis puppies. I have two of these at home and we love them.
Large is now Php 34,265 (dowm from Php 49,950), while X-large is Php 48,895 (down from Php 69,850).
The Jackson Crazy multi-colored armchair by Laetitia Zichy and Jacques Deneef is now Php 152,100 (down from 338,000)—(I know, still expensive)
The Motley 40 High table made of Scandinavian birch that was Php 119,800 is now on sale at Php 59,900
Because you never know when flowers are coming, Marcel clear vases are now Php 3,188 (down from Php 3,985)
I bought a couple of these Christmas snowflake lights, marked down at Php 1,036.
The retro folding carts I was eyeing at Dimensione are now Php 5,577.
On to clothes and accessories, Casadei shoes are marked down from Php 35,295 to Php 24,706
Repetto wallets now Php 2788.50
Lots of marked down Opening Ceremony shoes for men
Bench underwear for only Php 100/piece
My boys love wearing plain T-shirts at home. I hoarded F&X tees at Php 160, down from Php 400
Cotton On Kids shorts (Php 400) and T-shirts (Php 300) for the little ones
The Mothercare section has a lot of good deals
The collapsible Inglesina strollers are now Php 4,500 (down from Php 9,000)
These are pricier (Php 12,500 down from Php 25,000)
and these are for rich people with chic babies (Php 30,000 down from Php 60,000)
Humphrey’s Corner Cot Bed is now Php 18,200 (down from Php 26,000)
and the Fruity Pebble high chair is now Php 5880, down from Php 8400. Not bad! (If only I had a baby…)
The Bench Pink Ribbon sale is on at the Bench Tower until November 30, 2014.
Bench Tower is at 30th Street and Rizal Drive, Crescent Park West 5, Bonifacio Global City, Taguig.
The FaceShop Philippines is searching for a Top Girl who will win US$5,000, travel to Korea, and shoot a video with Seoul’s top star makers. The Top Girl winner will be The FaceShop Philippines’ brand ambassador for a year.
HOW TO JOIN:
1) Purchase any regular item at any Face Shop store nationwide between September 1-30, 2014. Credit card and gift certificate purchases are valid.
2) Apply online at http://topgirl.thefaceshop.com.
3) Upload your photos online (jpg format, not larger than 810×810): 1 close-up and 1 full body photo.
4) Print out the Top Girl application form with your complete name, address, telephone number, and signature.
5) Submit all requirements and go to any of the following go-see schedules from 3-7 PM:
THEFACESHOP Trinoma — October 1 (Wednesday)
THEFACESHOP SM Clark — October 2 (Thursday)
THEFACESHOP SM BF Paranaque — October 3 (Friday)
THEFACESHOP SM Megamall — October 5 (Sunday)
THEFACESHOP SM Cebu — October 6 (Monday)
THEFACESHOP SM Davao — October 7 (Tuesday)
1) The Top 3 finalists will be determined on October 8, 2014 (3 PM at Bench Tower, Taguig City) and will receive The Face Shop products worth over Php 3,000.
2) On October 10, 6 PM, the top 3 finalists must attend the final selection at THEFACESHOP SM Megamall. Announcement of the winner will be posted at all Face Shop stores.
3) The Top Girl will become the official brand ambassador of The Face Shop Philippines for 1 year.
• She will get a cash reward of US$ 5,000 (or Php 200,000) and will travel to Korea on November 3-5, 2014.
• Travel includes video shoot and sightseeing, plus accommodation of 3 days and 2 nights.
• All travel documents and expenses that will be incurred during the media tour will be prepared and paid for by The Face Shop PH and Korea.
• Winner will shoulder 20% tax for prizes exceeding P10,000.
• Prizes not claimed within 6 months from receipt of notification will be forfeited in favor of Suyen Corporation – The Face Shop with prior approval from DTI.
• Winner will shoulder all costs incurred in securing any of her prizes (transportation, parking fee, etc.)
4) Employees of Suyen Corporation and The Face Shop stores, including relatives up to the second degree of consanguinity or affinity are disqualified from joining the contest.