When I was younger, I used to marvel at all the bath products in my parents’ bathroom.
Now that I’m a parent, my son Markus marvels at all the bath products in my shower stall.
My choices in bath and beauty products have evolved a lot ever since I started writing for the Philippine Star and received all sorts of products not usually found at Mercury Drug.
I have very fragile, thin hair, so I try to avoid hair products from the supermarket.
At Aveda Salon, I learned about the benefits of sulfate-free shampoo. After two years, I feel like my hair is better, thicker.
Here’s what’s in my shower stall today:
On the left side are my products and on the right side are the hubby’s products.
Here’s my stuff from L-R:
1) GynePro feminine wash given to me. Thank you! Aside from the product, I also love the bottle design.
2) Undeneath: Dove Intense Repair cream. I use this once in a blue moon when I feel like I need a hot oil treatment.
3) Favorite Shiseido facial cleansing foam given to me by a Japanese friend. I love the unscented cleanness and the tiny exfoliating beads.
4) Aveda Invati shampoo. This cleans up your scalp, allowing hairs to grow. Promises thicker hair. I swear by it!
5) Aveda Damage Remedy. Not a conditioner, but I use this to protect my hair from frequent blow-drying. No need to rinse. I use it only at the ends.
6) Aveda Color Conserve shampoo. I use this when my hair is newly dyed and if I feel like my hair is a bit dry. No need for conditioner when using this.
7) Asprey Purple Water conditioner swiped from the Ritz Carlton Tokyo. Also very light with a subtle scent.
8) Living Proof Full Shampoo. Given by Grace and created by Jennifer Aniston. Best for thin hair! I use this when I need to have good hair, for photo shoots and events.
9) Big bottle of Aveda Color Conserve shampoo, which is almost finished. Hence, the other bottle.
10) Murad body wash. Used with a Muji brush to prevent backne.
11) Aveda Pure Abundance shampoo. Similar effect to #8 Living Proof Shampoo. Because I like having options.
These are Jeroen’s products, which includes more Aveda products, body wash from Dove Men, his favorite Zwitsal shampoo from Holland, and Neutrogena anti-residue shampoo for getting rid of hair products and cleaning the scalp.
I swear by Aveda products. Pricey, yes. But results are worth it.
You can buy at Basement Salon at Shangri-La Plaza and at Aveda stores in Greenbelt 5 and SM Makati.
Living Proof is available from Amazon.com and Sephora Singapore.