1) Please pay extra care to the restrooms.
2) Please have a say in the shops—let’s get away from the Boy Bawang (no offence to that wonderful snack).
May I suggest: Team Manila and other great Filipino-made products from other graphic design teams/artists and artisans (think Manila FAME).
3) How about C2 Collezione? Or BENCH Pinoy Lab?
4) Can we have like McDonald’s/Burger King/Starbucks in the airport? It really helps when you’re in a rush to eat before boarding. It can be done in a clean, not carinderic way. Much as I love Jollibee, I think the international brands are more tourist friendly.
5) Can you take out those horrible souvenir shops that probably made sense in the ’70s but not today?
6) Can we improve the airport lounges please? Too small and too ugly.
7) Let’s give our passengers something the other airports don’t—FREE AND FAST WIFI PLEASE!!
8) I leave the rest to the commenters. Thank you very much.
Now, Madison wants you to get to know the store by giving away prizes to four winners:
• One winner of Php 10,000 worth gift cards
• Three winners of Cambridge satchels of your choice, meaning, three winners get to choose the Cambridge satchel of the size and color they want.
11″ — 11″ along top, 8″ height, 2.25″ depth.
13″ — 13″ along top, 9″ height, 3″ depth.
14″ — 14″ along top, 10″ height, 3″ depth.
15″ — 15″ along top, 10″ height, 4″ depth.
You can also choose from a fresh stock of fluorescent satchels as soon as they arrive!
How to join:
1. Open to anyone with a Facebook and Twitter account, who can claim the prize personally at the Madison store in Rockwell.
2. Like Madison on Facebook http://www.facebook.com/madisonrockwell
3. Follow them on Twitter http://twitter.com/#!/MadisonRockwell
4. Then tweet: Follow @MadisonRockwell to win Php 10,000 gift cards or your choice of Cambridge satchel! #chuvaness
5. Promo ends on April 29, 2011 at midnight, Manila time.
6. Winners will be chosen via lottery and will be informed shortly after via Twitter and this blog.
7. Winners will be informed when they can claim their prize at the store.
8. Please tweet only once so as not to clog the #chuvaness hashtag. Thank you!
NEW YORK—A live DJ, cocktails, and hors d’ oeuvres welcomed various guests from the fashion industry and New York press to the launch of Filipino designer Robin Tomas’ winning T-shirt design for Supima last March 19, 2011 at the Bloomingdale’s flagship store in Manhattan.
The TOMAS for Supima T-shirt, a short sleeve v-neck tee in dual layers of soft luxurious Supima cotton—sold in a navy and grey colorway—was the best-selling item on the floor on its initial day of sales, according to Bloomingdale’s.
Supima, which stands for Superior Pima cotton is considered the ‘cashmere of cotton’ and is widely used by luxury brands all over the world. As its inspiration, Supima looked to the legendary Wool Secretariat competition that launched the careers of the then-teenaged designers Yves St. Laurent and Karl Lagerfeld.
TOMAS is a graduate of Parsons School of Design in New York. He is currently presenting his next collection of women’s cocktail separates under his own label ‘TOMAS’ for Fall 2011 in New York.
The special edition TOMAS for Supima t-shirt is now available at Bloomingdale’s 59th Street flagship in its Supima Collection shop.
L-R: Buxton Mydyette—VP Marketing Supima, Robin’s mom Tessie Tomas, Robert Reus of Supima, and Robin Tomas
L-R: Buxton Mydyette, Chris Frye—Design Director for Bloomingdales, and Robin Tomas