English artist and designer Thomas Heatherwick (seated below) has produced a startling twist on conventional furniture design—a functional chair formed from a single profile rotated through 360 degrees.
Aptly called “Spun”, it transforms the domestic seat into a beautifully rendered spinning top.
It allows the sitter to swivel in a circular rocking motion, including being able to rotate in a complete circle.
Watch how fascinating:
Produced in Italy by MAGIS, Spun is available in Dimensione stores at Bonifacio High Street and Rockwell for Php 28,950.
When Jeroen convinced me to move to my own site, I had to think a lot about the blog design.
I wanted it to look homey and cozy, much like a Muji house.
Through the help of Takatoshi Kimachi, Jason Jaring, Yodel Pe, Mark Bautista and Van Porciuncula, here I am now.
The colors, wooden background, plus the logo designed by AJ Dimarucot are very much Muji-inspired.
As a big fan of Muji, I am pleased to announce a special housewarming gift from Muji Philippines—Php 10,000 worth of Muji gift certificates for one lucky winner.
This is only the first of many housewarming gifts for readers of Chuvaness.com.
The contest is simple enough, just like the brand.
1) Open to anyone in the Philippines with both Twitter and Facebook accounts.
3) Complete the sentence and tweet in 140 characters or less: If I had P10,000 to spend on Muji, I would _____________________ @jiritajackson #mujipromo
4) Please like my egg for charity on Facebook!
5) Promo ends on Monday, April 18, 2011 at 6 PM.
6) Winner will be chosen via lottery on Tuesday and announced here and on Twitter.
Special thanks to Stores Specialists Inc. and Muji Philippines for this wonderful giveaway.
Muji is located at Bonifacio High Street and the Powerplant Mall at Rockwell.