KFC is known for 11 secret herbs and spices, plus the original recipe gravy that makes chicken sogood.
When KFC asked me to think of 11 people I would like to give a bucket meal each, it was hard for me to decide.
I had to eliminate people who have told me they’re on a diet, or those who are vegetarians.
I also had to consider those who live too far from a KFC branch.
It took me a while to think about 11 special people who have touched our lives and came up with these:
1. My husband’s BFF Joris, who has been a kind adviser and brother to Jeroen. When I mentioned KFC to him, he said, “Send it right over.”
2. Of all my high school classmates, Lorraine is the sweetest who always checks up on me and sends me mangoes when they’re in season. I really appreciate our friendship through decades.
3. My cousin married a wonderful guy named John-D who is fortunately a neighbor and wouldn’t think twice about passing by if I needed an index card or just someone to talk to.
4. How can I thank Van enough for all the work he did on my website? I know he craves KFC so obviously he was a top choice.
5. I’m very grateful to Nurse Thea at Belo Medical who took care of me before, during and after my BodyTite procedure. She is a gem and I wish her the best in her career.
6.I just love Chuckie Dreyfus and his lovely family and know they would enjoy this treat.
7. Kerin and Kevin Ching, I am so grateful to for taking care of my baby when we were away for Holy Week (pending my son’s legal papers and passport). I’m happy to know two wonderful siblings who get along so well.
8. I met Juan online through my husband. Whenever I can’t sleep and he’s online, he’s always ready to offer help or kind advice. He is special, insightful, and he loves KFC!
9. I promised Jojo I would give him KFC because he’s sweet and makulit. He may seem like a bad boy but inside, he’s really nice.
Not in photo:
10. Sister Roselyn, my goddaughter from the Missionary of the Catechism in Lipa who is very sweet and always prays for me. I’m blessed to have someone like her on my side.
11. Henie, class rep of my son’s 2nd grade section, knows I love her. She’s the mommy rep who really cares about the kids including my own and I am terribly grateful.
Each of them will receive a gift certificate from KFC which entitles bearer to one (1) bucket meal order, inclusive of the following:
1. Eight (8) pieces of Original Recipe or Hot & Crispy Chicken
2. Four (4) servings of rice
3. Four (4) Regular Fixin’s
4. Four (4) Regular Drinks
This way they can go to any KFC branch at their convenience and receive a bucket meal to share with their friends and family.
Thank you KFC for the opportunity to give back to my friends.