Balenciaga recently unveiled its newly renovated shop at Greenbelt 5, Makati encapsulating the new creative vision of Balenciaga artistic director Demna Gvasalia.
The store houses women’s accessories, along with footwear and eyewear.
The interior design blends contrasting textures that speak of the sophistication of haute couture together with industrial materials of the contemporary.
High-gloss rosewood, used for walls and display tables, are laid alongside concrete, cast aluminium, and glass.
Seating combines industry and luxury, framing tufted leather with Brutalist concrete in a game of contrasts and collage.
Mirrored panels add depth and alter perceptions: the layered fragments reflect multiple views.
The whole is played out in a restricted palette of grays, of stone and metal, with a flash of emerald-green mirrored glass. The result is a dynamic space, disrupting the conventional language of luxury retail.
BALENCIAGA is at the ground floor, Greenbelt 5, Ayala Center Makati
and at Unit 105, 8 ROCKWELL, Hidalgo Drive, Rockwell Center, Makati
I can tell you a number of times I’ve been to Resorts World Manila:
• Our family has checked in the Marriott Hotel once. In fact the Marriott Hotel Sunday buffet is one of our favorites.
• The hubby and I have enjoyed Wolfgang’s Steak House a couple of times.
• We were there when Sting had a concert with Chris Botti in March 2016.
• My son had his birthday party there in 2012.
• We tried to stalk Anderson Cooper at the Marriott during the aftermath of Typhoon Yolanda in 2013.
We probably go there once or twice a year, but never at the gambling areas.
Last Thursday night, my husband was at Resorts World Manila for work from 8-10 PM.
Then on Friday, while my husband slept around midnight, I saw on Twitter that there had been a shooting and fire at the casino. I wasn’t able to sleep. At 4 AM, the word ISIS came out on Twitter. That’s when I panicked and woke up the hubby.
Resorts World Manila on fire (Photo: Inquirer.net)
It is now Saturday night and 35 people have been reported dead. Many of the bodies were found suffocated from smoke inhalation, while hiding in one of the VIP rooms.
While some news organizations like CNN International have reported that ISIS has claimed the act of terrorism, the CCTV footage released by Resorts World tell otherwise.
I was in shock while watching the footage on TV earlier. The way the terrorist acted reminded my of a game my kids play called Grand Theft Auto, as if he was just burning tables, firing shots, stealing casino chips, shooting door locks, and finally setting himself on fire.
It just didn’t make sense and he didn’t seem to have an escape plan.
After viewing the video, my husband and I didn’t think the man looked like a foreigner as reported, perhaps a really large Filipino guy. The man’s identity has yet to be reported. But his costume definitely looked like Grand Theft Auto, like he was really prepared for combat.
Which makes me think, how did he get past the security check of the casino entrance? As far as I know, all bags go through an X-ray machine.
Now I understand why liquids aren’t allowed on airplanes. They could be liquid explosives or gasoline which can easily start a fire. How was this man able to bring bottles of gasoline in his backpack?
Watch this two-part video of CCTV footage shown on TV earlier. It is so unreal, it looks like a crazy man living a real life Grand Theft Auto. I feel like there’s not enough information being reported.
Let me know what you think.
Growing up in the ‘70s, we used to get all sweaty running around, playing both indoors and outdoors.
It was normal to see a yaya running after her ward, with the intent of placing a small towel between the child’s sweaty shirt and back. T-shirts would be changed, but not before toweling off and dusting with baby powder.
When I was younger, using baby powder meant talcum powder.
At that time nobody cared.
Now just because you’ve read up to here, you can join my giveaway!
I’m giving away three pink train cases filled with Belo Baby products.
You’ll get all these #BeloBaby products, and I’ll ship them to any address in the Philippines.
It includes three tubs of Belo Baby talc-free powder!
How to join:
1) You must have a Philippine address and an Instagram account.
2) Make sure your Instagram account is unlocked.
3) Follow @belobabylove on Instagram.
4) Make an Instagram post about my giveaway at chuvaness.com and use the hashtag #ChuvaxBeloBabyPowder.
5) Don’t forget to tag @chuvaness and @belobaby.
6) Register HERE.
1) Promo period is from June 2-8, 2017, after which three winners will be chosen electronically via random.org.
2) Make sure your Instagram account is unlocked so I can check your entry/post. If your account is locked, your entry is invalid.
3) The winners will be informed via email or text to verify their shipping address. Winners will also be posted at chuvaness.com. If I don’t hear back from you, I’ll just choose another winner via random.org.